“I would love to set up one of those beautiful planted aquariums but I don’t have the money right now.”
Do you know someone who’s said that? Perhaps, it’s been your excuse?
In ScapeFu Podcast #44, Jurijs and Art commit to a new challenge. They will go from zero to a full aquascape for about $100. In the episode, they explain how they plan on doing it.
It won’t be easy and thinking outside the box will critical. Can they do it? What do you think?
Here is Art’s list of materials:
- 10 US gallon aquarium from Walmart $13.62
- CaribSea Eco Complete 20 lb. Black Planted Aquarium Substrate $22.99
- Finnex Pure-5 Power Aquarium Filter $15.96
- Finnex StingRAY LED Clip Light $23.84
- Seachem Flourish 250ml $5.86
- Fluval Mini Pressurized 20g CO2 Kit $24.99
- Fluval CO2 Indicator Kit $11,43
- Zilla Malaysian Driftwood $8.28
- Micranthemum ‘Monte Carlo’ In Vitro $10.99
Total: $137.96 ($37.96 over at the moment)
Here is Jurijs’ list of materials (links are coming shortly):
- ADA mini M 36x22x26cm (float glas) 36,90€
- Cheap 20x20x25cm cube 12,59€
- ADA Amazonia 3 liter bag 15,90€
- Philips Tornado 23watt 6500k 1500 lumen 9,87€
- Ikea Lersta or Tertial 14,99€
- Eden 501 Filter 300 l/h 26,18€
- Invitro cub HC 8,5cm 6,95€
- Nano pump Sera FD150 11,99€
- Dennerle Bio Co2 kit 8,95€
- Tropica plant growth 125 ml 6,95€
Total: 151.27€ (51.27€ over at the moment)
What do you think of the lists? Tell us in the comments below!
Why don’t you join us?
Got an extra C-note to spare? Why don’t you join us in this challenge?? We’d love to have company!
Tell us what your list would be and send us pictures as you build it. Let’s build the $100 aquascape together.
ScapeFu App – if you don’t have it already, we would VERY MUCH appreciate it if you would help us out by downloading the ScapeFu App. Here’s what you get:
- Easy download and listening to the ScapeFu Podcast
- The app-only Ask Art Podcast
- Access to every ScapeFu Podcast episode
- Great positive karma for help us defray the cost of bringing you ScapeFu
- A warm fuzzy feeling because you’re awesome
ScapeFu Tribe Community – we now have a small forum to discuss ScapeFu Podcast episodes. Go check it out!
Affiliate disclaimer- some of the links above are Amazon referral links. ScapeFu will receive a small affiliate referral fee if you purchase via that link. It doesn’t increase the amount you pay and it helps us defray the cost of ScapeFu. We thank you for your help.