Aqua Design Amano has released a new video in their series. This one shows the hardscape building and it’s very educational.
Some of the points you should catch:
- Never, ever, lay stone like this directly on the glass bottom. One tip and the tank is gone. Please use a plastic bottom to absorb the shock of any accidents.
- Notice that this tank has two overflows. Will they be using canister filters or wet/dry filters? Any issue on CO2 loss with the latter?
- Use of white sand in the foreground is beautiful and needed for this aquascape. How will it be maintained? Is this too much for the average aquascaper?
- Notice the tools they are using to smooth out the sand. Is it their very expensive metal tool set? No, it’s a 25 cent triangle you can find anywhere. Come on, people.
- How much do you think all that AquaSoil would cost? I’m guessing that’s about 3 feet of it stacked? With that much, is the PowerSand Special really needed? Perhaps just adding bacter 100 is sufficient.
- What else did you learn from watching it? I haven’t even gotten into the placement of the rocks.