ScapeFu Episode 19 – The Future of the Aquarium Plant Industry[app_audio src=” http://traffic.libsyn.com/scapefu/ScapeFu019.mp3″]
In Aquascaping News, I’ve been asked to serve as a judge in this year’s Concurso Brasileiro de Aquapaisagismo (CBAP), the Brazilian aquascaping contest.
Interview with Oliver Knott
- Self-service stations for aquarium plants!
- OK Plants in Germany and hopefully in European Union!
- Anubias Aquatic Plants
- Aqvainnova Linea Zero – a joint venture from Aquaflora and Anubias!
- Aquatic Experience – Oliver Knott in the USA!
Focus on You
Finally, in Focus on You segment, we read some feedback.
- Josh in a ScapeFu comment says “Hi i thoroughly enjoyed episode 14 especially the interview with Jeff (oops! It was actually Mike Senske). in future pods I would like to hear more about new products and companies similar to ADA and interviews from other well known aquascapers. Good job boys.”
- Sacha in the UKAPS forum says “Just finished listening to the most recent podcast. I’m famous! Another fantastic episode! Very interesting discussion about lighting, and a great interview with George. Thanks a lot guys, really enjoying these podcasts. Look forward to the next one.”
- Gilles also in the UKAPS forum says “Hey Art, Nice to see you on UKAPS too. I’m a regular visitor of you website and think it’s pretty awesome what you’re doing. Also great to see another WP Genesis user in our hobby.”
- Green Finger 2 from the Aquascaping World forum says “Hi ScapeFu, Signed up and tuned in Lot’s of catching up to do Fab info from top people.”
- Zanguli-ya-zamba also in the UKAPS forum says “Thanks guys for your last podcast!! Good to go back to basics !!! Cheers.”
- Luca Galarraga left us a 5-star rating in the Brazil iTunes Store! “Apesar da dificuldade do idioma, vale a pena o esforço para entender a história do Aquapaisgismo, através de fantásticas entrevistas!!!” Translation: Although it’s difficult because the podcast is in English, the effort is worth it to understand the history of aquascaping through fantastic interviews!!!
- We got a question from Someguy on the Planted Tank forum asking “Just started listening bc just found it this weekend. Already listened to 3 episodes. You’re doing a great job. I’d like to hear more on controlling algae. I understand the basics (help plants out compete algae), but need continued help. How useful are UV sterilizers? What about regular use of AlgaeFix, Excel, or similar products? Are otos, snails, plecos really useful at controlling algae? Will increasing water changes more than 50% once weekly make a difference? What about reducing light or changing lighting schedules…or increasing light to help plants outcompete algae? What about use of RO water vs tap water effects on algae? What about use of fert root tabs vs adding ferts to water column?”
Next week’s episode
Next week on the ScapeFu Podcast, we are back to talking about the science of planted aquariums. This time, we focus on CO2 for the planted aquarium. We’ll also have an interview done by Juris at Interzoo with Dave Chow. As usual, we’ll have Aquascaping News, From the Forums and Focus on You.
If you liked this episode, please leave us a written review in iTunes and mention us the next time you’re in the forums. We do no advertising so it’s the only way we have to spread the word about ScapeFu. It’s VERY much appreciated.
If you’d like to give us some feedback, you have choices:
- You can reach me, Art, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter at @ScapeFu
- Facebook at Art Pennom
- If you want to be on the air, leave us feedback via our voicemail system by clicking on the tab on the right hand side of ScapeFu.com
- Our ScapeFu Feedback page
You can reach JJ at:
You can reach Juris at:
Speak soon! Have a great week!